- Location: 90 minutes northwest of Liberia International Airport
- 90 mins. to Corobici River
- 90 mins to Buena Vista del Rincón Eco Adventure Park
- 90 mins to Llanos de Cortez waterfall
- Clientele: Family friendly
- Style: Contemporary
AMR's CleanComplete Verification™
360-Degree Safety & Hygiene Protocols have earned the WTTC Safe Travels Stamp of Approval. This certification signifies the highest standard in health & hygiene.
Guests of all ages will all enjoy this secluded getaway nestled into the mountains & jungles of Guanacaste, Costa Rica. You won’t be fighting crowds here, as the 447-suite property is the first all-inclusive resort in this region – 90 minutes northwest of Liberia International Airport.
Awake & take in a panoramic beach or jungle view from the hot tub on your balcony. Then, spend the day relaxing under a thatched palapa or have some fun in the sun enjoying some watersports or horseback riding on the stunning white sand beach. Set aside some time to sneak away & find serenity with a soothing massage or hydrotherapy treatment at the spa. When it’s time to eat, you can choose from seven restaurants offering a variety of international options. End the evening with live entertainment or drink at one of the eight bars on the property.
Commitment to the Environment & Community
The Rainforest Alliance Certified™, the resort is in harmony with rainforest wildlife & prides itself on wildlife protection. An example is their alliance with Tora-Carey, an NGO that monitors, tracks & researches the behavior of five species of sea turtles that nest on the community's beaches. The two most common sea turtle species on Punta Descartes’ beaches are the otherwise rare black turtle (Chelonia mydas) and Olive Ridley (Lepidochelys olivacea), which both nest year-round on all beaches. From May to September, the extremely rare Hawksbill turtle (Eretmochelys imbricata) may also be observed.
The resort also supports the community through English classes, school supply donations, promotion of local culture & beach cleanings.
- 7 restaurants & 8 bars/lounges
- Three pools (upper pool with water slide, adults-only pool, & lower pool)
- Outdoor hot tub
- Calm local beach
- Guided daily walk where guests can learn about the flora, fauna & wildlife on property.
- Snorkeling & other non-motorized water sports
- Fitness Center
- Bike tours
- Big screen movies
- Weekly beach party, theme nights & spectacular shows
- Classes: cooking, cocktails & Spanish
- Explorer’s Club – Kids ages 3 to 12 enjoy video games, crafts & even a camping adventure) Open daily 9 a.m. – 9:45 p.m.
- Core Zone for Teens – Teens ages 13-17 enjoy social events, video games & table games. Open daily 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Spa By Pevonia®*
- Scuba diving & fishing trips*
- On-site COVID testing*
* Fees may apply.
- Round-trip airfare
- Round-trip airport transfers
- Accommodations at the all-inclusive Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica
- Guests traveling to the U.S. who test positive will receive quarantine stay coverage for up to 14 days at no cost.
Ready to find out more?
Drop us a line today for a free quote!
Arenal Volcano Rainforest, Sloth & Waterfall
Start the day with a visit to Bijagua, a small town in the rainforest, insearch of wildlife including 2- & 3-toed sloths. For lunch, visit a "SODA" to sample a "casado," a traditional Costa Rican dish. Bring your swimsuit so you don't miss the opportunity to take a refreshing dip at a waterfall, before taking a quick tour of nearby Liberia (known as the White City).
Culture & Adventure Mega Combo
Experience the Costa Rican culture & adventure through this jam-packed full-day excursion. Visit the mountains to do some zip lining, water sliding, horseback riding & even some soaking (in a hot spring). You'll also visit a ranch where you'll learn how local coffee & pottery products are made. Of course, a homemade lunch showcasing the flavors of the region is included.
Corobici River Safari
This tranquil float down the Corobici River gives nature lovers the chance to see a variety of plants & wildlife, including: monkeys, lizards, crocodiles & sea otters! A professional guide will steer your raft, point out the animals, help you find some of the area’s approximately 300 species of birds & share some tropical fruit. After a couple hours on the river, you’ll ride back to where you started to enjoy a traditional Costa Rican lunch.